This is for Lisa and Greg...I saw this today and thought of you. Actually, who am I kidding, I'll be watching it too. The episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer where they did the entire show as a musical is actually one of the coolest things Joss Whendon has ever done, in my opinion. (The other one that I can remember is when the entire episode was done without any of the characters speaking...and I promise, I didn't watch the show that often.) I like when a TV show breaks from the normal sitcom mold and is brave enough just to try something new.

2 comments:

Eriu said...

I'll have to check that out!

Buffy is a good show btw, you'd like it. =P Greg and I should send you the series disc's to borrow.

Matt said...

Hmmm...I never was able to plug my full attention into any single episode, myself.

I don't know why I couldn't, but suspending my disbelief that a town in any part of the world could plausibly operate the way this one did was terribly difficult.

In the several episodes I did watch, I NEVER felt any real threat to Buffy or the other main characters (though, I do know that several of them enjoyed and suffered some rises and falls).

My only enjoyment really came from seeing Seth Green and the chick that played his girlfriend, Willow. I always thought of her as the hot one, not Buffy.