I've been meaning to start a blog for a long time now, and haven't actually done so by convincing myself that a) I have nothing interesting to say, and b) no one would read it anyway. However, the more research I do on social media/communications, the more I realize that this is an environment where I can achieve one of my primary goals - I can get to know people better.

You see, I really struggle with getting to know people because I am such an introvert at heart. That's a big problem when I know that God calls us to work with people. I really care about people, I want them to find their passion, I want them to find God's love...but I'm really horrible in social situations.

So here is what I want to do. I want to begin posting my thoughts, that I normally keep inside my head, so that people can get to know me better, and maybe through that I can find some way to know them better. In some ways I am looking forward to the process, but I know the challenge will hit me right away, as I'm normally a very task oriented person and "writing my thoughts for other people to read" doesn't make it very high on the list. We'll see how I do I guess. I'm not claiming all the posts will be earth shattering or anything, but I'll try to keep them interesting.

0 comments: